Employment Law Attorney Serving Orlando’s Business Owners
At Wilson McCoy, P.A., our goal is to help our clients avoid workplace disputes. To that end, we provide our clients an array of counseling and training services specifically tailored to help them understand and comply with applicable employment laws and regulations. Using this proactive approach, we not only help our clients minimize their legal liability and exposure, but we also enhance their ability to establish and sustain a productive and positive relationship with their workforces.
Wilson McCoy, P.A.’s experienced Orlando employment lawyers counsel clients through all stages of the employment relationship, from hiring to termination, and the myriad issues that arise in between. Our clients look to us to:
- Draft employment contracts, manuals, handbooks, policies, offer letters and other documents that clearly establish the expectations of employees and employers.
- Prepare strong, enforceable non-competition agreements and non-disclosure agreements designed to protect a company’s intellectual assets, good will, and trade secrets.
- Guide them in understanding and adhering to complex laws and regulations, such as those governing workplace safety and wage and hour compliance.
- Advise them on workforce restructurings, plant closings, and lay-offs.
- Educate managers and employees regarding compliance with state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Assist them in crafting appropriate accommodations for persons with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar state laws.
- Manage long-term leaves of absence to comply with the intricacies of the Family & Medical Leave Act, the ADA, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, and state workers’ compensation laws.
- Conduct internal investigations and prepare investigation reports and disciplinary paperwork.
- Manage volatile disciplinary situations and terminations.
- Help them in becoming aware of and preventing workplace violence.
We also conduct seminars and instruct managers and supervisors in such areas as sexual harassment prevention, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimination, progressive discipline and termination, internal investigations, and wage and hour issues.
Small Business Retainer Program
To enhance our ability to provide training and counseling to our clients, Wilson McCoy, P.A. has developed a Small Business Retainer Program as an alternative to traditional hourly billing. We recognized that some employers, concerned about running up a legal bill, sometimes hesitate to contact their attorney to ask about what is perceived to be a routine employment issue, only to discover later that the issue has escalated into a major and costly dispute.
Through our Small Business Retainer Program, clients pay a flat monthly fee to receive regular employment law advice and receive deep discounts to our regular billable hourly rate. At no additional cost, Wilson McCoy, P.A. attorneys will visit a client’s business and determine the client’s employment law needs. This permits our attorneys to gain a greater understanding of the dynamics of a client’s workplace, which will enhance our ability to assist a client in avoiding or resolving disputes with minimal cost or disruption.
Contact us for more information regarding our Small Business Retainer Program.