Nathan A. McCoy
Few attorneys can say they have done it all in their area of practice – Nathan A. McCoy can. From defending Fortune 500 companies at one of the nation’s largest and most distinguished management defense firms to practicing with one of Florida’s most well-known “Plaintiffs Firms,” Nathan has gained invaluable experience from every angle of the courtroom. Because he represents both plaintiffs and defendants, Nathan has developed a breadth of legal and business knowledge and a true balanced perspective on legal matters. His diverse experience has given him keen insight into the minds of corporations (both large and small), individuals, and their counsel as they position themselves in legal battles and negotiations.
Nathan has parlayed such experience into co-founding and serving as Managing Shareholder of Wilson McCoy, P.A., a law firm dedicated to coaching, counseling, and representing businesses and individuals in employment and business related matters. Since its inception in 2012, Wilson McCoy, P.A. has been named by and featured as a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report from 2013 – the present. As a true “lawpreneur,” Nathan enjoys working with entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses to ensure complying with the law does not interfere with the creativity needed to succeed in today’s legalistic business environment. He also vigorously advocates the rights of individuals and whistleblowers who have been subjected to discrimination and retaliation in the workplace.
Nathan graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in General Business Administration, magna cum laude, from the University of Central Florida (“UCF”) and obtained his law degree from the University of Tennessee, where he served as Managing Editor of Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law and was a member of the Board of Editors for the Tennessee Law Review.
Nathan has also been publicly heralded as a “Best Attorney” attorney in Orlando and is a contributing author to the best-selling book, “Get in the Game,” a publication offering perspective to aspiring entrepreneurs. Nathan has also served as a guest professor on contracts for UCF, and he often lectures at legal seminars. He is married to his wife of 15 years, a proud father of two, and an endurance obstacle race enthusiast.
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science, General Business Administration, magna cum laude
- University of Tennessee, Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Tennessee Law Review, Managing Editor of Transactions Tennessee Journal of Business Law, Member of National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Team, Research Assistant to Professor Sibyl Marshall
- Florida Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association
- Legal Knights
- 2014-2015 Co-Chair for the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association
- 2015 Best-Selling Author for the book, “Get in the Game” published by CelebrityPress
- State of Florida – all courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida